How Hormones Are Made In Your Body
Homeopathic remedies can help a person to rebalance the complex
interactions of the hormonal system.
The Main Hormones
In The Body
1. Adrenalin: produced by your adrenal glands that makes your heart beat faster and gives you more energy when you are frightened, excited, or angry.
2. Endorphin: produced in the body that reduces pain, especially when you are injured or physically tired.
3. Estrogen: produced in a woman’s body that makes her develop typical female sexual features and prepares her body for having a baby.
4. Growth Hormone: helps the process of growth in animal and plant cells. In animals, it is produced in the pituitary gland.
5. Glycogen: a form of glucose that is found especially in the liver and muscles.
6. Hydrocortisone: a hormone that is reduces inflammation in the parts of the body that have become swollen and painful.
7. Insulin: substance produced in your body that controls the level of sugar in your blood. People who have diabetes do not produce enough insulin.
8. Irisin: a hormone that can reproduce the health benefits of exercise and a good diet.
9. Melatonin: a hormone that helps regulates sleep and wake cycles (circadian rhythm). Normally, melatonin levels begin to rise in the mid-to late evening, remain high for most of the night, and then drop in the early morning hours. Light affects how much melatonin your body produces. Natural melatonin levels slowly drop with age.
10. Progesterone: a hormone produced in the bodies of women and female animals.
11. Sebum: a substance like oil produced by the sebaceous glands that stops the hair and skin from drying out and also protects against some bacteria.
12. Serotonin: a chemical substance produced in your body, primarily in the digestive tract, that affects your moods and the flow of messages through your nerves.
13. Testosterone: a hormone produced in the body that causes men to develop the physical features that are typical of males.
14. Thyroxine: a substance produced by the thyroid that controls growth and development.