Mastoiditis and Homeopathy
Homeopathic remedies will treat a person with
symptoms of mastoiditis without the use of antibiotics.
Contact us to learn more!
Click Here to Buy Remedies
from Online Store
What Is Mastoiditis?
Mastoiditis can be acute, chronic or recurrent. Mastoiditis is an inflammation of
the mastoid process
which is the bone behind the ear. This bone is part of the
temporal bone of the skull that is behind the ear. Mastoid process contains
open, air-containing spaces. Mastoiditis can be acute, chronic or recurrent.
What Causes Mastoiditis?
- Mastoiditis may be the result of blockage of ear drainage.
- The perforation of tympanic membrane may also lead to mastoiditis.
- Mastoiditis is usually caused by the infection of the middle ear
(otitis media). Infection from middle ear
then spreads to the air
cells of the mastoid process.
- Mastoiditis is caused by certain gram-positive bacteria such
as streptococci pyrogenes, staphylococcus aureus, etc.
- Perforation of tympanic membrane may also lead to mastoiditis.
- Discomfort or pain behind the ear.
- Discharge of pus or fluid discharge from the ear.
- Redness and swelling behind the ear.
- Fever or headache in case of acute mastoiditis.
- Hearing loss
examination, CT scan, MRI and X-ray will help to confirm the diagnosis and evaluate
the extent of disease.
Remedies For Mastoiditis
annum #1 for mastoiditis
- Aurum metallicum
- Caries of ossicula and mastoid.
- External meatus bathed in pus
- Chronic nerve deafness due to syphilis
- Calcarea Sulphurica, mainly right ear.
- Thick and yellowish discharge which shows
no tendency to heal.
- Burning and stinging in ear.
- Left ear remedy
- Swelling and pain behind the ear
- Inflammation of mastoid
- Tenderness over the petrous bone, extremely sore and
tender to touch.
- Otorrhea and mastoid disease before suppuration.
- Chronic otitis and external otitis,
- Left-sided otitis nearly always draining.
- Chronic discharge from the ear, often
thick, gluey and offensive.
- Hearing problems.
- Hearing better in a noisy environment.
- Chronic complaints after suppressed ear discharge.
- Scurfs on and behind the ears.
- Discharge of fetid pus from the ear.
- Whizzing and throbbing in the ear, with hardness of
- Pustules in the auditory canal and auricle, mastoiditis.
- Chronic glue ear.
- Ear: Crackling and popping in the ears on swallowing
or movement of jaw.
- Deep catarrhal conditions with sinusitis,
bronchitis and otitis or "glue ear."
- Ear: Hearing loss from chronic serous otitis.
- Catarrh with chronic yellow discharge.
- Uncomfortable and irritated in a warm room, while
the local symptoms of obstruction and mucus may improve.
Mouth breathing and snoring.
- Irritable yet timid with those outside the family.
- Acute and recurrent otitis media with marked suppuration.
- Clear rhinitis ("cold") followed by thick discharge,
- Ear: More often affecting the right ear. Pain, discharge, hearing
- Yellow-green offensive discharge from ear with difficulty hearing.
Inflammation of external ear canal. Worse: Night. Damp
weather. Heat of the bed. Swallowing.
- Better: Cold application. Local: Sore throat with acute
- Tongue with dirty coating and tooth imprints. General: Patient is
sweaty, has excess saliva and a "sick" odor (especially the
breath). Often with serious conditions: Sinusitis, bronchitis
- Similar to Mercurius solubulis except used in cases which which are
- Similar to Mercurius solubulis except used in cases which are more
left sided and "flavus" is used in cases which are right sided.
- Itching and catarrh deep in the eustachian
- Chronic and purulent discharge from ear.
- Progressive hearing loss from serous otitis.
- Stitching pains in ears when swallowing.
- Chilly. Worse all winter long.
- Marked loathing for fats
- Cracks on the fingers,
especially the tips
Thick yellow or green
Moods are changeable and contradictory.
Mild and yielding
Mouth is dry but no thirst.